Mainland Company Formation in Dubai! Don’t Miss out on This.

18May, 22

Mainland Company Formation in Dubai! Don’t Miss out on This.

There has never been a better time in Dubai to start a Mainland Company. The Mainland License has been a popular choice among the region's start-up community and investors due to the UAE government's new company legislation, flexible regulatory procedures, rapid timescales, and simple approval processes. 

According to the new FDI legislation, no local sponsor is required to start a business, implying that ex-pats can now hold 100% of an onshore corporation. It is not necessary to have a physical office space to register a company in Dubai, and Dhanguard's coworking DED (Dubai Economic Department) package would be the ideal way to get started. With a DED license, you may easily work with government agencies and trade across the UAE. 

Thus in this blog, Dhanguard will extensively discuss the Mainland Company Formation in Dubai. Also, our Expert team at Dhanguard will make the otherwise difficult process of opening a bank account a breeze. So without any further ado, let’s learn!

What is a Mainland Company?

A mainland company is an onshore company that has been licensed by the Department of Economic Development (DED) of the relevant emirate and is permitted to operate in the local market as well as outside the UAE without limitation. 

When it comes to forming a company in Dubai, Mainland is the most popular and practical option because it provides the most benefits that the country has to offer in terms of business formation. However, there are some rules to follow in the process, one of which is that a UAE national must own at least 51 percent of the total stock in any commercial company, save in the following circumstances:

  1. Activities that allow for 100 percent foreign ownership

  2. Companies based in Free Zones

  3. Partnerships between GCC enterprises 

  4. UAE-based national businesses that allow for 100% local ownership

A local partner (Commercial and Industrial license) or a Local Service Agent (Professional License) is required depending on the type of license. A professional license is required when an individual or a group of individuals provide their expert service and the business is 100 percent owned by the expatriate. In administrative transactions with government departments, the local Service agent acts as a representative. The local service agent does not own a share of the company and is compensated for their services on a yearly basis.

Dubai Mainland License Options

Below mentioned are the Licenses which you can obtain in Dubai Mainland-

Professional License

In a professional license, the ex-pat partner owns 100 percent of the shares, and a UAE national is appointed as the Local Service Agent. The license is for non-physical services, such as consulting.

Commercial License

This license is available to companies engaged in any type of commercial trade activity; both ordinary and specialized merchants must receive the license in order to conduct business safely in Dubai. Under this license, a UAE native owns 51% of the shares and the ex-pat owner owns the remaining 49%.

Industrial License

Companies that transform natural materials or natural resources into other end goods, or engage in any other type of manufacturing activity, are granted an industrial license in Dubai. Under this license, a UAE native owns 51% of the shares and the ex-pat owner owns the remaining 49%.

Tourism License

Why should you opt for Dubai Mainland?

Below mentioned are the reasons which can convince you to choose Dubai Mainland over any other Mainland-

Undoubted Presence

Within and beyond the UAE, you have complete access and freedom to trade. Only mainland enterprises have access to this benefit, which opens up a plethora of possibilities.

Business Climate that is Friendly

World-class trade hubs, cutting-edge infrastructure, and a well-connected communication network are all available. The infrastructure in the Mainland region is ideal for supporting your fledgling or established firm.

Zero Tax 

The number one reason why entrepreneurs and investors choose the UAE as their playground is the corporate tax.

Elimination of Double Taxation

The UAE allows business owners to enter into double taxation agreements for import-export transactions, allowing them to avoid paying tax on both ends.

A Simple Process for Starting a Business

When it comes to the business setup process, Dubai Mainland makes it simple to start and finish. Business owners prefer to work with expert business consultants in this regard because it allows them to finish the task more quickly.

Read More: Dubai Industrial City: Core Area to Start a Business 

Why us?

Below mentioned are a few of many reasons why you should choose Dhanguard over any other Corporation when doing business in the United Arab Emirates-

We make sure that You get the most out of Your Money

Our business setup services are the best in the industry, and we've earned it by giving our clients peace of mind during the entire process and beyond. So, whether you just need a Visa, help setting up a firm, or long-term business support, our charges are competitive.

Customer Focused

All of our clients receive the same level of care and attention, with a continual focus on providing high-quality service. Whether you're a little business or a large corporation, you can rest assured that we'll do everything we can to meet your needs.


There are no hidden costs in our fees because they are all plainly stated. There are various fees associated with forming a firm that are not disclosed to customers in advance. To avoid any unpleasant situations, we take the time to clarify each process and price. To establish a real like-for-like comparison, we will explain our best proposal to you alongside any other offer you may have.

Setup Flexibility

We have made the registration process easier and safer in these volatile times since your safety and well-being are our top priorities. With our help, almost all of the documentation required for your business setup can be filed remotely or online, making the procedure quick and easy. We'll come to your house and pick up and deliver documents for free.


Setting up your Mainland Company will provide you with all the benefits and incentives mentioned above. Dubai is a land of opportunities and with every passing hour, it's touching the heights of modernity and outstanding technology along with a rising economy. Thus you will not regret your decision of choosing Dubai. We hope this blog provided you with insightful information. For more information on other related aspects, feel free to check out our Website as well.