How a Mother or Single Mother can Sponsor her child in Dubai,UAE?

02Oct, 22

How a Mother or Single Mother can Sponsor her child in Dubai,UAE?

Are you a mother, particularly a single mother, living in Dubai, UAE, and wondering if you can sponsor your child's visa to live with you in this beautiful city? The short answer is "yes," as single parenthood is not considered taboo in Dubai. Many women who are divorced or whose spouses are citizens of another country have sponsored their children's visas without incident. However, if you are a single mother supporting a kid in Dubai  you must adhere to a set of standards.

The quickest and most straightforward approach to make the process simple and fast is to use Dhanguard services in Dubai. Review some essential conditions for single mothers to sponsor their children's UAE visas.

Can a Mother Sponsor Visa in the UAE?

Yes, a mother, whether married or single, can sponsor her child's visa in the United Arab Emirates, including Dubai. The UAE government recognizes the importance of family unity and allows mothers to bring their children to live with them. Sponsoring a child's residency visa in Dubai is possible for foreign moms. The minimum wage for moms wishing to sponsor children in Dubai under the new family visa regulations in the UAE is AED 4,000, or AED 3,000 plus housing paid for by the employer. Expat women will be qualified to sponsor a kid in Dubai if they achieve this minimum salary criterion.

It's vital to note that married, divorced, or single moms with the necessary documentation can sponsor their child's residency visa.

Please remember that if the father stays in the UAE and satisfies the qualifications for sponsoring a kid in Dubai, the mother cannot sponsor the child's visa.

A Divorced Mother Supporting A Child In Dubai

Can a single woman sponsor her child in Dubai? This is another common question. A single or divorced mother may sponsor the UAE residence visa for children.

In addition to the other requirements for the mother sponsoring a child in Dubai, a woman who is divorced and has full custody of the kid with the father's visitation rights must also produce extra documents, such as the divorce certificate and custody certificate. After the proper procedure, divorced mothers in Dubai may sponsor children.

As part of the process, all documents must be attested by both the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the home country. Translations into Arabic should be made for each document.

How to Sponsor Child in the UAE

If a mother satisfies the requirements, she may sponsor her children for a residence visa. The process is more straightforward now than it was earlier.

  • Mother must have a valid employment visa and receive a minimum income of Dh3500 plus company housing or Dh4000.

  • The marriage certificate should be translated (legally) into Arabic after being confirmed by the UAE Embassy in the home country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE.

  • The UAE Embassy in the parent nation and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs attest to the child's birth certificate. That needs to be legally translated into Arabic.

  • Husband's letter of approval in Arabic to sponsor the mother's child. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE and the UAE Embassy overseas must attest to the NOC if the husband lives outside the UAE. The NOC should be translated into Arabic if it is typed in a language other than Arabic. A Notary Public or Dubai Court should certify the NOC if the husband is in the UAE.

  • Tenancy Agreement (accommodation rental agreement). It must be verified via the Real Estate Regulatory Authority's online Ejari system (RERA).

  • A bank statement from the previous three months must be submitted if the applicant does not work as a nurse, doctor, engineer, or teacher. Statements printed online won't be accepted.

  • Under the condition that a certificate proving the same is produced, a mother may sponsor her unmarried daughters and boys under 18, except university or college students.

  • DIVORCED: The court's decision regarding child custody should be presented in a divorce. The UAE Embassy overseas and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must certify it. Arabic should be used as the translation.

  • SINGLE MOTHER: If you are a single mother, you may provide a court-ordered custody order, a certificate from your local government, or an affidavit from your consulate. If the certificate was issued in your home country, the UAE Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs should certify it. Arabic should be used as the translation.

  • For each child, a security deposit of Dh2,500. If your visa is cancelled, you can get your money back.

Requirements for Sponsoring a Child in Dubai

Before sponsoring your child in Dubai, it's crucial to understand the requirements and gather the necessary documents. Here's what you'll need:

  1. Residence Visa: As a mother, you must hold a valid UAE residence visa to sponsor your child. If you're a single mother, your visa should clearly state your marital status.

  2. Sufficient Income: You must demonstrate a stable and adequate income to support your child. The specific income requirement can vary, so it's best to check with Dubai's General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).

  3. Accommodation: You need to provide proof of suitable accommodation for your child. This can be a rental agreement or a property ownership document.

  4. Passport and Passport Photos: You'll need your child's passport and several passport-sized photographs.

  5. Birth Certificate: A copy of your child's birth certificate is essential for sponsorship.

  6. Medical Examination: Your child may undergo a medical examination in Dubai to ensure good health.

  7. Emirates ID: Once the visa is approved, your child will need an Emirates ID card, which can be obtained through the GDRFA.

Steps to Sponsor Your Child in Dubai

Now, let's break down the steps involved in sponsoring your child's visa in Dubai:

Step 1: Visit the GDRFA

Go to Dubai's General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs office to initiate the sponsorship process. You can also check their website for online application options.

Step 2: Submit Required Documents

Provide all the necessary documents, including your residence visa, income proof, accommodation documents, passport, and birth certificate for your child.

Step 3: Pay Fees

Pay the applicable fees for your child's visa and Emirates ID.

Step 4: Medical Examination

If required, take your child for a medical examination at an approved medical centre in Dubai.

Step 5: Visa Stamping

Once your child's visa is approved, you will receive a visa stamp in their passport.

Step 6: Emirates ID

Apply for an Emirates ID for your child.

Step 7: Complete the Process

Ensure all steps are completed and your child's visa is activated within the specified timeframe.

Documents Needed By The Mother In Dubai To Sponsor A Child

The conditions for a child's UAE residency visa differ slightly when the mother is the sponsor. Listed below are some of the paperwork needed to sponsor a kid in Dubai in 2021:

  • Original Sponsor Emirates ID, passport page, and resident visa page (at least minimum six months validity).

  • Holders of partner or investor visas should include copies of their companies' trade licences and memoranda of agreement.

  • If the sponsor is a government, semi-government, or free zone employee, a valid salary certificate.

  • Valid labour contract if the sponsor works in the private sector (issued by MOHRE).

  • Photocopies of the registered lease, the Ejari, or the title deed.

  • A recent electricity bill if the sponsor owns the home (Not rented).

  • Child's passport copies in colour with a minimum of six months validity and one recent white-background studio photograph

  • When applying for an Emirates ID during visa issuance or renewal.

  • A health insurance card or certificate must be presented when applying for or renewing a visa.

  • IBAN for the sponsor account.

Following this, foreign moms must apply for an Emirates ID and undergo a medical fitness exam (if the child is older than 18). This process should be followed when requesting a residence visa in the UAE.

Please be aware that the medical testing and application for an Emirates ID will incur additional costs. The visa stamping process is the last stage in "how to sponsor a child in Dubai" once the application has been processed.


Remember, the sponsorship process can be complex, and following all guidelines is essential. Depending on the sponsor's visa length, the UAE residence visa for children may be valid for one, two, or three years. The child will also receive a two-year residence visa if the mother's visa is valid. If specific requirements are met, single mothers who work or run a business may sponsor their children's residency permits. It is only possible to know and follow some of the rules perfectly. You must have a knowledgeable professional familiar with the rules governing immigration and the procedures for obtaining visas. This is where Dhanguard, our business consultancy firm in Dubai, can greatly assist. We specialize in immigration and visa services, helping individuals like you easily navigate intricate procedures.

At Dhanguard, our team of experts is dedicated to providing the support and guidance you need to sponsor your child in Dubai successfully. We understand the unique challenges that mothers, especially single mothers, may face, and we are here to simplify the process for you. In conclusion, as a mother in Dubai, you can sponsor your child's visa, whether married or single. With the proper documents, careful preparation, and expert assistance from Dhanguard, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience in bringing your child to live with you in this vibrant city.